Lighting a candle - it’s ambiance, scent and look all lend to it’s enjoyment. But a candle is still a candle - an open flame which is a hazard.
Please read and follow the steps below as they will help you stay safe while getting the most out of your candle.
- Place candle on a stable, flat, heat-safe surface
- Never leave a burning candle unattended
- Keep away from flammable objects, drafts & vents
- Always trim wick to ¼" each time before lighting
- Allow wax to melt to edge of the glass on first use
- Burn for a maximum of 4 hours at a time
- Always keep melted wax pool free of debris
- If flame is too high or wick mushrooms; extinguish, trim wick, relight
- Never touch or move a burning candle as it's very hot
- Discontinue use when ½" of wax remains at bottom
Candle Care & Tips
Keep out of direct sun
Sunlight can discolour soy wax. However, if this does happen, it will not alter how the candle burns or it's scent.
Trim your wick before every burn
This ensures an even and safe burn by preventing the flame from getting too big and the wick mushrooming.
Allow melt pool to reach the edge of the container
Candle wax has a memory so doing this on the first burn is important to avoid tunneling.
Craters and bumpy surfaces
Are a natural characteristic of soy wax but they do not effect how the candle burns.
Avoid burning more than 4 hours at a time
This will cause the wick to get too big and will result in the wax burning too quickly.